When you’re overseas, the last thing you want is to get sick and not know where to go, or what to do. Thankfully, with our 24-hour Overseas Health Advice Line - available exclusively to Bupa members*- friendly medical support and advice are just a phone call away.
Call +61 3 9937 3999
Open 24/7, reverse charges accepted
Get medical help overseas
If you’re travelling or living abroad and you get sick, here’s how our 24-Hour Overseas Health Advice Line can help you get back on your feet:
- Helpful advice for simple medical issues – we have a team of in-house doctors and nurses ready to offer advice for everyday medical queries.
- Get directions for the best treatment – just tell us which country you’re in and we can refer and direct you to the nearest suitable medical facility.
- Help with appointments – our team can help book you an appointment when you’re overseas. We’ll also get in touch to follow up after your appointment and make sure you’re feeling well.
- Help with reviewing bills – if you’re unsure about any medical bills you get overseas, our team of translators and interpreters can review them for you.
- Keeping your family in the loop – getting onto the people who matter most can be tough when you’re travelling. If anything happens, we’ll get in touch with your family as soon as possible to keep them updated.
Get medical information before you head off
Here’s how our 24-Hour Overseas Health Advice Line prepares you before you head off on your trip–
- Important medical information for each country you visit.
- Information about potential health risks in each country you visit.
- Tips on how to stay healthy in each country you visit. You can also read our top tips for healthy travel here.
Visiting Australia to live or work? We don’t just offer advice for those visiting overseas, so feel free to call for local health tips and information.