With Bupa Extras* cover, we’ll pay towards the cost of treatment you receive from any Bupa recognised provider, up to yearly limits. We’ve also built networks of providers to keep your costs as low as possible.
In choosing your provider, you might weigh up location, recommendations, or a range of other things, but if cost is important to you, getting treatment with a provider in our network could make your healthcare more affordable.
There’s 3 main parts of our network: Members First Platinum Dentists, Members First Providers, and Recognised Providers.
*Members First Platinum (pay nothing for dental check-ups) and Pay Nothing for kids not available on Freedom 50 Extras and Freedom 60 Extras products and Your Choice Extras 60 where general dental is not included.
Members First Platinum
Pay nothing for dental check-ups
Pay nothing for your regular dental check-up, and more, up to yearly limits# at Members First Platinum dentists.
This includes bitewing x-rays, and mouthguards, if you need them.
Plus, you’ll get all the benefits of Members First on most other dental services.^
#Waiting periods, fund and policy rules apply.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you need to:
- Have Extras that include general dental, combined with Hospital cover*
- Served your waiting period
- Have enough left in your yearly limits
^Excludes Freedom 50 Extras and Freedom 60 Extras products. Waiting periods, fund and policy rules apply.FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MEMBERS FIRST PLATINUM FIND A MEMBERS FIRST PLATINUM DENTIST
Get more back at Members First
What do I get at Members First providers?
We pay more, so you pay less
For most dental, physio, podiatry and chiro consultations, you'll generally get more money back.
How to get more from our Members First providers.
No more surprise costs
Depending on your cover, you'll get 50% to 100% back on most dental, physio, chiro and podiatry visits.
Gap Free for Kids
Pay nothing on most dental, physio, chiro, selected podiatry visits for kids included on your policy, until they turn 25.
- Kids on their parents’ family policies on an eligible policy. So, if you’re under 25, on your own policy, this offer doesn’t apply.
Which policies is this available on?
Gap Free for Kids is available on:
- Gold Ultimate Health Cover
- Ultimate Corporate Health Cover
Any of the below, when combined with Hospital cover:
- Top Extras 60
- Top Extras 75
- Top Extras 90
- Corporate Classic
- Corporate Advantage
- General Extras
- Premier Extras
- Signature Extras
- Executive Extras
- Corporate Extras
- Corporate 60
- Corporate 70
- Corporate 80
- Corporate 90
- Corporate Mid Extras
- Corporate Advanced Extras
- Corporate Total Extras
At most Members First providers, you can simply swipe your Bupa membership card, and your claim’s been made. You pay anything left over.
The conditions of Members First
- Some of our older covers don’t include Members First benefits (Not included on Extras Select Super Benefit, Extras Select Value, Extras Select, Extras Super Benefit, Extras Benefit, All Extras).
- It doesn’t include orthodontics, orthotics or hospital treatments.
- You need to have served your waiting period.
- Up to yearly limits.
- Policy and fund rules apply.
If we recognise a provider, we’ll pay:
- A basic, set amount toward the cost of any extras services covered under your policy.
- It will usually be a lower amount than we’d pay for services from Members First Platinum, and Members First providers.
Other times we pay set amounts
We’ll also pay set amounts, rather than paying a percentage of the cost, for:
- Some specific treatments listed on your policy information. You can get a copy of your policy information in myBupa.