Those extra services you use every day, like visiting the dentist or getting a new pair of glasses, shouldn’t break the bank. And you shouldn’t need a calculator to figure out how much you’ll get back from your health insurance. That’s why we’ve teamed up with an extensive network of dentists, optical stores, chiros, physios and podiatrists all over Australia. We call them ‘Members First providers’. And with them, you’ll generally get more back and know in advance how much your next appointment will cost you.
Why should I visit a Members First provider?
- More money back* – Already have a favourite dentist? No problem – you can claim back on visits as long as they are a Bupa recognised provider. But it's worth knowing that when you visit a dental, optical, physio, podiatry and chiro provider in our Members First network, you'll generally get more money back on most services. You'll also receive greater value each year for glasses, frames and contact lenses purchased at Members First optical stores.
- No surprises – Depending on your cover, you'll get 60% to 100% back on most dental, optical, physio, chiro and podiatry visits when you claim (up to your yearly limits)*
- Gap free for kids** – most of your kids' dental, physio and selected podiatry consultations are gap free at Members First providers until they turn 25. Selected optical packages are also gap free for the whole family. This means you'll pay nothing extra for things like your kids' dental check-ups and a selected range of glasses up to your yearly limits*
- Instant, easy claiming – At many Members First providers, you can simply swipe your Bupa membership card and your claim will be processed on the spot with no paperwork for you to complete.
Greater value for optical
You’ll get more value from your cover when you visit Members First optometrists, our Bupa Optical stores and selected independent retail partners. You’ll enjoy:
- Higher yearly limits – With higher yearly limits on your cover, you can claim more throughout the year when you visit Bupa Optical and Members First providers.
- Get up to $100 off a wide range of fashion frames^.
- Get up to 20% off a range of prescription lenses and sunglasses at Sunglass Hut, Bupa Optical, National Pharmacies Optical and Laubman & Pank.
- Get 20% off sunglasses, lenses and contact lenses^.
- Nothing for you to pay at Bupa Optical and Specsavers on a selected range of fixed-price frames and lenses.
Plus, when you visit a Bupa Optical store, you’ll get Digital Retinal Photography at no cost to you. This simple procedure helps detect and manage potential vision-threatening diseases such as glaucoma, diabetes, hypertension and macular degeneration, so you can look to a healthier future.Find a Members First provider Visit a Bupa Optical store
Can I choose who treats me?
With our Extras covers, you can get treatment and claim from any Bupa recognised provider, regardless of whether they’re part of our Members First network. The network is simply our way of keeping your costs as low as possible.
When it comes to choosing a provider, you might weigh up location, recommendations and a range of other things. If your provider isn’t part of the Members First network, we’ll only pay a fixed amount – no matter what the total cost of the treatment is. Be aware that specialist practitioners generally do not participate in the Members First Network
Are there any types of Extras covers that don’t get Members First benefits?
All of our current cover options that you’ll see on our website have access to Members First benefits. However some of our older products don’t have access to Members First benefits and the higher yearly limits that come with using a Members First provider:
- Extras Select Super Plus
- Extras Select Plus
- Extras Select Value
- Extras Select
- Extras Super Plus
- Extras Plus
- All Extras