Pay nothing for your dental check-upsAt Members First Platinum, if you’re eligible, you’ll pay nothing for dental check-ups. When you get a check-up, you could end up needing other treatments too. This offer means, if you need them, you’ll pay nothing for:
- Consults and dental exams,
- Scale and cleans,
- Bitewing x-rays,
- Mouthguards, and
- Fluoride treatments
Plus, you'll get all the benefits of Members First, likeMore back
- We'll pay more towards most other dental services
No surprise costs
- Depending on your cover, you'll get 60% to 100% back on most other dental services
- If you're on one of our older policies, you might not have access to the benefits of Members First. Check your policy information to confirm if you're eligible.
Am I eligible?To take advantage of this offer, you'll need:
- Hospital cover, combined with
- Extras cover that includes general dental
- Please note that our Fund Rules apply.
Limits to how often you can claim for a serviceWe base these limits on usual clinical practice. They mean you can only claim specific services a certain number of times within a given timeframe. For example, we pay a claim for a dental check-up once every six months, except where clinical needs are different. For example, after oral surgery or radiotherapy, more regular check-ups can help reduce risks associated with the surgery or treatment. If this is you, please contact us, so we can discuss your needs.
Waiting periods and yearly limits apply
- If you've recently started or upgraded your cover, you might have a waiting period before you can access all the benefits of your new cover.
- On some policies, what we pay for each dental service comes out of your yearly limits. Check your policy information in myBupa to see your yearly limits.
Have you ever avoided the dentist? We know it isn't always something you look forward to, but we're determined to make sure that the cost doesn't get in the way of your dental care. *Members First Platinum (pay nothing for dental check-ups) not available on Freedom 50 Extras, Freedom 60 Extras products and Your Choice Extras 60 where general dental is not included.