Overseas health advice line
If the unexpected happens while you’re travelling overseas, we’re always here to provide phone-based support and guidance. Our 24-hour advice line is exclusive to Bupa and provides you with helpful information, including:
- Telephone advice relating to simple medical problems, provided by in house doctors and nurses
- >Medical referrals - directions to the nearest suitable medical facility, including name, address and contacts
- Assistance to review medical bills with the member
- Medical translation/ interpreter service (offered through language line)
- Follow-up calls post-appointment
- Assistance in booking of medical appointments
- Liaising with family, broker, insurer etc if necessary
- Pre-departure medical information on the countries being visited.
And if you’re planning a trip overseas, you can get pre-departure medical information on the countries you are visiting. We’ll advise you on the health risks of that country and give you tips on how to stay healthy while you’re travelling.
Just call +61 3 9937 3999 (reverse charges accepted), or look for the number on the back of your membership card.
**Overseas Health Advice Line is not available on Ambulance Only covers