Cover for you and your family
Whether you’re planning to work, study, or retire, moving overseas is an exciting adventure with new experiences, new friends and a lot to be discovered. But in the event of an accident, injury or even the maintenance of a pre-existing medical condition*, access to professional healthcare is not something you want to 'discover' to be lacking in. You need peace of mind that you and your family are as well taken care of overseas as you would be at home.
As a guide please see the following table to see the various cover options available to you and their associated benefits.
||Why get it?
|Start with our Core Cover
||Worldwide Medical Insurance
||For treatment received whilst staying in hospital, either overnight or as a day-case
- Covers essential hospital treatment, emergency or planned visit.
- All surgery, cancer treatment and advanced imaging, whether received while staying in hospital or as a visiting patient, are also included.
- Includes cancer treatment in full and transplant services (including donor expenses for organ harvesting).
- You can choose this cover on its own, or together with any combination of options as below.
- You can claim up to AUD$2,500,000 annually.
|Add any/all of these 4 options
||Worldwide Medical Plus
||For specialist treatment where you don’t need to stay in hospital
- Covers you for consultations with a doctor or specialist and medical treatments that do not require a hospital stay. E.g osteopathy or physiotherapy.
- Includes cover for young child care, maternity care, complementary therapies and speech therapy.
- You can claim up to AUD$40,000 annually.
||Worldwide Medicines and Equipment
||For prescribed medicines and medical equipment
- Covers you for prescription medicines and the rental of medical appliances, such as oxygen supplies or wheelchairs, for after you leave the hospital or clinic.
- You can claim up to AUD$2,500 annually.
||For a range of health screenings, vaccinations, dental and optical treatment
- Designed to help you stay healthy.
- Covers medical screenings that can provide valuable early detection of conditions such as cancer.
- Covers dental and optical treatments, which can play an important role in keeping you healthy.
- Covers you for vaccinations, eye tests and preventive dental care.
- You can claim up to AUD$8,000 annually.
||For when you can’t get the treatment you need in a local hospital
- Covers you for reasonable transport costs to the nearest suitable medical centre, ensuring you get the treatment you need.
- Repatriation gives you the added option of returning to your home country or specified country of nationality, to be treated in more familiar surroundings.
- Covers costs for the transfer of minor children.
- Covers compassionate visit and return plus living allowance.
- There’s no annual limit on Worldwide Evacuation.
|Add USA Cover, if you need it
||If you spend most of your time in the USA, then you’ll need to buy USA Cover on an annual basis. However, if you spend most of your time outside the USA, you can choose to add USA Cover to your plan, enabling you to access medical treatment in the USA.
- If you choose to include cover for the USA, we have special arrangements in place if you need to be hospitalised while you are there.
- Includes access to a select network of quality hospitals and other medical treatment providers with direct settlement of all covered expenses when you receive treatment there.
- If your plan includes cover for pre-existing conditions, this cover does not apply in the USA.
|Add Cover for Pre- existing conditions
||Pre-existing Condition Cover
||If you or a member of your family have a pre-existing condition (e.g. That requires ongoing prescriptive drugs or rehabilitative medical attention), Bupa may cover you for this.
- To find out whether your pre-existing condition can be covered, we'll assess your individual situation and provide you with a personal quote.
|Add a Deductibles option
||You will need to choose from 1-6 levels of deductibles.
- A deductible is the amount you must pay towards covered expenses before we will start paying for your treatment.
- You can choose from a range of different deductibles, allowing you to manage the cost of your plan.
- Once your deductible has been reached, all covered expenses will be paid in line with your benefit limits.
To get a quote or to find out more about international health insurance, call 1800 287 141 or fill out the enquiry form here
*An additional amount may be added to your premium to cover accepted pre-existing conditions. This amount is based upon your individual circumstances and will be provided by a qualified advisor when talking through your needs.
Bupa international private medical insurance (for Australian residents working outside Australia) is underwritten in Australia by CGU Insurance Limited (ABN 27 004 478 371) (CGU), AFSL number 238291. This product is distributed in Australia by Bupa Australia Pty Limited (ABN 81 000 057 590) which is an Authorised Representative of CGU. All policies and claims in relation to this product are administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited of the United Kingdom.
I'm an employer
If you are an employer looking for health cover for three or more employees who are moving overseas to work and live, select the button below to make an enquiry.
Submit an enquiry form and a customer service representative will be in touch with you.
Enquire about health cover for employees
I'm an individual or have a family
Bupa offers health cover plans for individuals and families who intend work and live overseas.
Submit an enquiry form, and customer service representative will be in touch with you.
Enquire about health cover for individuals or families
If you are a student or retiree looking to travel overseas:
Enquire about Bupa travel insurance