To attain Bupa recognition as a psychologist you must be registered with Medicare Australia and be in private practice.
Provider numbers for this category are allocated by Medicare Australia. For recognition of new practices or alterations to addresses of current practices, Medicare Australia can be contacted on 132 150 or at www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/provider/.
Medicare Australia will notify us of the provider number and relevant practice information.
Please note that ancillary benefits are not payable for the following:
- IQ testing
- Personal assessments for career planning
- Vocational guidance
- Corporate assessments to determine a person’s suitability for a position
- Sports psychology
- Anxiety management groups
- Stress relief (eg. leading up to exams)
- Neurofeedback testing provided by technicians employed by psychologists
- Services billed for parent/carer training, usually in the management of a child's condition
- Materials or the preparation of reports relating to the patient’s condition or treatment
- Services rendered or goods supplied by a practitioner to his/her dependants or his/her partners / associates or their dependants
- Email/tele communication and telephone consultations