By 2015 we will have enabled 4 million people to make positive changes to be healthier and happier and to help protect the environment.
Bupa’s range of innovative, personalised health coaching programs empowers people to play an active role in managing their health conditions.
- Giving people the support they need to take ownership of their recovery and future health in Australia with the COACH Program®
- Offering telephonic health support for members with chronic conditions – heart failure, heart disease, diabetes, back pain and lung condition through Bupa Health Dialog.
Supporting children and families
Investing in healthy habits early helps children avoid future preventable health problems linked to diet and lifestyle. Around the world, Bupa is working in partnership with a range of organisations to pilot cutting edge health education and lifestyle behaviour change programmes in schools and communities. In Australia:
- Bupa has partnered with Life Education Australia - the largest non-government provider of health education to children and young people in Australia - to ensure their preventative teaching modules are accessible to more children. Bupa has brought one of the teaching modules to life.
- Bupa Family Challenge supporting Healthy Harold – A seven day challenge that encourages and empowers children and their families to improve their fitness, diet and nutrition, and spend more time together through tackling tasks such as limiting TV to 30 minutes a day, switching fruit juice and fizzy drinks with water, building a veggie patch or going on a family walk. The Bupa Family Challenge is a partnership between Bupa and Life Education.
- Support for the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Series and delivery of the Bupa Heroes program, designed to support and fund 100 children with an intellectual disability to participate in the popular TRYathlon series along with thousands of other Aussie kids.
Reaching people through technology
Every year, Bupa supports millions of people through digital health information. Our range of websites and innovative health apps are helping supporting people in their daily lives.
- FoodSwitch - Find out what's in the food you're eating and make simple switches for better health now and in the future
- Quick Health Age Check app - Use this iPhone® app to find out how healthy you are compared to others your age, based upon your lifestyle factors
- Running app - Want to start running or going for a personal best? Set your personal running goal and get a tailored training program now!
- Online health assessment – discover your ‘real’ health age with our online health assessment. Tell us about your lifestyle and habits and we’ll give you an indication of how healthy you are, so you can monitor and manage your health risks.