We recognise our impact on the environment and work with external environmental auditors, Big Switch, and utilise an energy reporting system to monitor and collate Bupa’s energy and greenhouse outputs.
This allows us to understand and manage our true environmental impact and develop realistic plans to measure and reduce our CO2 footprint. Bupa also regularly completes the National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) on our corporate offices with most of them rating 4 stars or over.
Bupa is striving to improve our environmental impact including:
- timers for lights, air conditioning, vending machines and hot water boilers
- power-saving devices such as lighting sensors and energy-efficient light fittings
- recycling of office waste
- video and teleconferencing to reduce air travel
- default double-sided printing
- printer cartridge recycling
- green procurement solutions including purchasing green products and carbon neutral paper
- thermal blinds to reduce energy loss through windows
- car fleet reduction - Bupa has moved the majority of its car fleet to 4 cylinder petrol vehicles, which has seen a reduction in fuel usage & CO2 emissions.
- green retail centres which include sustainable designs including energy efficient lighting, water-saving fittings and non-toxic paints and finishes
- partnering with Geon Group as our preferred/contracted supplier for our printing requirements using a mix of 100% recycled and environmentally sustainable (FSC & COC) papers.
Bupa employees are reminded and encouraged to:
- turn of their computers, monitors and printers when they leave the office
- turn off lights at the end of the day
- take the stairs instead of the lift
- use coffee mugs in place of disposable cups