At Bupa, we are proud that more than 3.2 million Australians trust us with their health
Bupa is part of a global family that re-invests profits back into areas that we believe will benefit our members, including businesses, health services and the community.
How are our profits re-invested?
Below are some examples of how we’ve recently re-invested profits back into Australian health businesses.
- Bupa Health Dialog - we launched Bupa Health Dialog in 2010. Bupa Health Dialog offers evidence-based wellness, prevention and chronic disease management services to our members. The goal of the service is to empower members to be more informed about their health and play an active part in their own healthcare decisions.
- Bupa Optical – we acquired Blink Optical in 2010 in order to give our members a better deal with regards to their optical needs. We are able to give our members better access to optical products and services and they get more back as a result, and in some cases members will have no out-of-pocket expenses.
- Bupa Wellness – formerly known as PEAK Health Management, Bupa Wellness is one of the most successful corporate wellness businesses in the country. Bupa Wellness provide a variety of on-site consultations for corporate clients in areas such as diet and nutrition, life coaching, fitness and exercise, as well as health lounges, seminars and a wide range of other services.
New and improved services for members
- Health Information - whether you’re looking for help with a specific health condition or just want to see how you can generally improve your health, we have a wide range of health information available to our members.
- Health Programs - whether you require ongoing care with arthritis, need some help with diabetes management, or even becoming a parent for the first time, we have a vast range of health programs and guides to help and support our members to achieve and maintain better health and wellbeing.
Bupa in the community
We actively support the communities in which we operate through involvement in local through to national level initiatives. Examples of initiatives we support include:
- Life Education - Life Education provides health education that supports and strengthens primary and secondary school drug and health initiatives. We are proud to partner with Life Education to ensure continued success with its program to equip students with knowledge, values, attitudes and social skills to enable them to make informed health and lifestyle choices.
- Healthy Harold's Family Challenge - we are pleased to be supporting an exciting new initiative with Life Education, Healthy Harold’s Family Challenge - a seven day challenge designed to inspire Australian families to get active, improve nutrition and have fun with the family.